If you have a damaged tooth, perhaps due to trauma or infection, the dentist will work with you to choose the proper smile makeover plan to adjust your smile. The goal is to restore the function of the teeth while making them cosmetically appealing. The treatment strategy will meet your specific needs and achieve the…
Can a Smile Makeover Improve Your Oral Health?
Most people consider a smile makeover to address cosmetic problems with the teeth or gums; however, what many do not know is that oral health can also be improved in the process. Although some smile makeover procedures do not have any oral health benefits, a lot actually do. Continue reading to learn more about these procedures and how they can improve oral health.
A smile makeover to improve oral health
Below is an overview of how a smile makeover may be able to improve oral health. This information can be helpful to individuals who are looking into different procedures.
Understanding what a smile makeover is
A smile makeover is defined as a process involving procedures to improve the way that the smile appears. The procedures may be geared towards the teeth, gums, jaw, or a combination of all of them. Outlined below are a few examples that are most commonly undergone.
- Dental veneer placement to cover imperfections
- Braces or clear aligners to address crowding or crookedness
- Teeth whitening to lift stains
Procedures that can help improve oral health
There are an array of procedures that fall under the smile makeover umbrella; however, certain ones do help to improve oral health. Outlined below are a few examples.
- Missing tooth replacement via implants: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone which is at risk of deteriorating when a natural tooth is lost. The procedure also protects the gums since they are left exposed after a tooth is lost
- Gum grafting: When gum disease is present, they tend to recede, which results in the teeth being too exposed. This creates a high risk of injury, while also shortening the gums, making the support for the teeth reduced. Gum grafting adds tissue back, which results in stronger gums and more protected teeth
- Teeth straightening: Although crooked teeth can be unappealing to look at, they can also result in oral health problems. Oral hygiene may be more difficult to achieve as there are harder to reach areas. Having the teeth straightened makes it harder for food particles to get stuck
The importance of oral health
Oral health is always important; however, it is especially important when undergoing a smile makeover. Dentists aim to make sure that both the teeth and gums remain in good shape throughout the process of transforming the smile. This means that procedures will be done to improve appearance and aesthetics, while also focusing on the health of the area being worked on.
Get started today
Want to find out more about smile makeovers? Talking with a dentist is the best place to start. An evaluation can be performed to determine what type of procedures are most suitable. From there, the dentist can answer any questions or go over any concerns. Additionally, the dentist can highlight how oral health may be able to be improved as it is specific to each patient. Reach out today to get scheduled for an appointment or to learn more!
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Smile Makeover in Bloomfield, NJ.
For people hoping to enhance or restore their smile, there are many dental treatments available that can provide a total smile makeover. Misaligned, stained, or misshapen teeth can often be addressed using cosmetic dental solutions, giving an individual a new look and a smile to be proud of. Planning for a makeover requires focusing on…
Did you recently get a smile makeover? A smile makeover can get you the smile you always wished you had. The work does not stop there, though. It is up to you to maintain the results of your smile makeover by taking good care of your mouth. A smile makeover is a combination of cosmetic…
A Smile Makeover is a term used to describe procedures that work to improve the appearance of one's smile. The process may consist of one procedure or multiple, depending on the patient's needs. Some individuals may require procedures to restore or renew their teeth, while others may need work done on the gums. Ready to…